Handbook of Optical Metrology: rules and Applications
starts off by way of discussing key ideas and strategies ahead of exploring sensible purposes of optical metrology. Designed to supply newcomers with an creation to optical metrology with out sacrificing educational rigor, this accomplished text:
- Covers basics of sunshine resources, lenses, prisms, and mirrors, in addition to optoelectronic sensors, optical units, and optomechanical elements
- Addresses interferometry, holography, and speckle equipment and applications
- Explains Moiré metrology and the optical heterodyne dimension method
- Delves into the specifics of diffraction, scattering, polarization, and near-field optics
- Considers functions for measuring size and measurement, displacement, straightness and parallelism, flatness, and 3-dimensional shapes
This new Second Edition is totally revised to mirror the most recent advancements. it is also 4 new chapters―nearly a hundred pages―on optical coherence tomography for commercial purposes, interference microscopy for floor constitution research, noncontact dimensional and profile metrology via video size, and optical metrology in production technology.